We are looking for a Linux System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and network infrastructure.
You will be working closely with the Head of Infrastructure and Architecture and occasionally with external support technicians.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly.
You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
You should have a drive to continuously improve existing infrastructure and systems.
Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Maintain an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Proven experience as a Linux System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Experience with container clusters (e.g. Nomad/Kubernetes/Docker Swarm) and clustered systems (e.g. RabbitMQ/MySQL/RavenDB/MSSQL/Redis)
- Ability to create scripts in bash or other languages (Terraform experience is a plus)
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with AWS/Digital Ocean/Azure/Vultr/Linode/Google Cloud is a plus